Our inspectors will conduct an assessment of the following aspects of a well system:
- Visual evaluation and identification of readily accessible well system components.
- Operation of the well system by running water from an interior or exterior faucet for a period of time to stimulate extended use.
- Assessment of well pressure cycle length.
- Assess the well system’s ability to cycle pump with fixtures running.
- Check the pressure range during well cycle (if system is equipped with a functional pressure gauge).
- Test the flow rate and adequacy at the highest shower head in the building after operation with fixtures running.
- Any significant reduction in flow rate during testing will result in the test being halted to reduce risk for damage to equipment and causing significant sediment uptake into system.