SCHEDULE YOUR INSPECTION
Mold and airborne mold spores are common and typically not an issue when their quantities are in a normal or unelevated amount. Outside, there are a certain number of mold spores that naturally occur from the environment. The outdoor mold spores are compared to the airborne mold spores located in the home. Mold becomes an issue when it begins growing, causing damage to the home or health issues associated with its spores. Our mold testing process involves different ways to detect mold, identify the types and whether or not they are in excessive quantities. Many times, mold is visible and can be cleaned up before becoming an issue. But if left alone, it can cause health issues and issues to the structure of the home.
We take multiple samples inside the home as well as a control sample outside. This allows the lab to determine if there are particulates inside the home that should not be there, and what levels they are present at.
If there is any visible microbial like growth present in the home we will swab those areas. The swab samples allow the lab to determine what types of mold are present which helps determine the direction for remediation.
All samples are shipped to our trusted lab. A detailed report is received within 48 hours. The report documents if there are particulates in the home at elevated levels and support staff is available for questions and guidance.
No environment is guaranteed to be safe from mold. It can be found everywhere and can cause issues when it reaches certain levels. Testing for these levels can ensure the safety of your environment.
For mold to grow, a specific amount of moisture is needed. In addition to the proper temperature, this moisture is the main factor for mold to spread and needs to be addressed.
A common misconception is that all types of mold are toxic. While this may not be the case, there are two common types of mold that produce mycotoxins: Stachybotrys Chartarum and Penecillium.
Headaches, itching, rash, and eye irritation, can all be caused by mold depending on the levels and length of exposure. Extreme exposure can potentially cause more serious health issues.